Thursday, April 16, 2015

PLANNING NEPAL

We are gearing up for our mission to Nepal.  I will fill in some informaion about our trip over the next few days. We have been getting packing lists almost daily, so are getting organized. We have been working out since our trip includes hiking at high altitudes without any motor vehicles.

As it stands now, there are 12 of us on the trip.  One had to drop out because he broke his arm.  We will spend the first part of the trip in Kathmandu and tour the hospital in order to plan out future medical missions.  We will visit 2 other medical facilities on the trek, but most of the time will be on the trek. About half of the team are ENT doctors and the rest are friends, family and other helpers.  The rest of the trip includes a trip to the Base Camp of Mt. Everest, so we are really pumped about that.  The main goal is the peak of Kala Patar, which is a peak near Everest where you can get the best view of the mountain.  Of course much of this depends on how we tolerate the altitude, as we will be up to 18,000 feet.  We will be prepared for altitude sickness and be able to treat climbers along the way (ourselves included).

I spent time today talking to a REAL photographer about how to take the best pictures possible, so I am cautiously optimistic that I will have some good pictures.  I found an SD card that has built in WiFi so the pictures can go straight to my phone and hopefully I can post them.  If that doesn't pan out I will have to do it when we get back to reality.


In the mean time, I'm really looking forward to this.  I'm attaching a picture of the countries where we have done missions before to get the bird's eye view.

Highlighted in red - Ecuador, Jaimaca, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Kenya, Haiti, Nepal and DR Congo (next year).

No comments: