Wednesday, April 29, 2015

FIRST HIKE

We walked down to the lake. 
Got in our little boats with our porters rowing. We crossed the lake. 
Stopped at a Hindu temple. I couldn't go in to get blessed because I had leather shoes on and cows are sacred. Our ported got blessed so came away with red paint on their foreheads. 
Then we climbed up to a Buddist Temple. It was a mile up very tough hike so my porter in the rear asked if he could carry my backpack. He didn't have to twist my arm. 
The orange backpack is mine. This is Bemba. He is going to get a for serious tip. 
This temple is way on the top. Look at the top of the mountain for the white building in the next picture. We took our shoes off to go up and look at the temple. This is serious business here and you have to be silent and respectful. 
It's so high I can't see it but it's on the top of this ridge. 
By the time I got back down my legs were rubber. It's a good thing I worked out as much as I did before coming or I might not have made it. 
We get to hike another hour this afternoon. Whose idea was this anyway? The views are spectacular. 
This is from the top of the city of Pokhara. 




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like things are looking up for the rest of your trip. Beautiful pictures. Stay safe. Things are going well here!
Nancy

Unknown said...

Looks like things are looking up for the rest of your adventure. Great pictures. Stay Safe!! Things are going well here.
Nancy