Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tuesday

I was all reaady to admit that it wasn't as hot as I claimed after John and Karl fixed the AC in the OR on Monday. Something happened to the condenser and there were actual flames outside apparently. All we noticed was a smell that I hoped was freon going to work, but was actually the condenser blowing up. Somehow Dean came up with a temperature around 100F, then add in gowns and overhead lights and a 2 hour cleft. I got a wet hand towel around my neck, then later this special cooler padded wrap Karl brought from Linweld. It worked reasonable well and soaked my shirt, but still......
We had more to do yesterday than we could get done. An 89 yo w/ a malignant melanoma. I'm bringing a bit back because pathology has to go to Managua and won't be back for a month. Tell Dr. Lacey. Today are 2 thyroids. Don't tell Sandy, but I'm not going to mark the site. So far I haven't written and op note or clinic note or any note of any kind except for my own cleft notes. It might catch up with me, but so far it doesn't seem like anyone has noticed. NN

No comments: