Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pictures

I've spent the last few days flooded with thoughts about the mission to Puerto Cabezas. I appreciate all the followers and comments and am sorry about those who tried to comment, but couldn't. Somehow the blog makes it tricky to post comments, but some of you managed to make it through the mazes. We're all home, back to work and regrouping. I've spent many hours already looking through the pictures (about 3,000 combined). I thought I'd post a few of the clefts. They make the biggest visible lifechanging statement, although we did a lot of surgery that is of great benefit, but not so obvious on the surface. We worked 14 hrs a day on average and were all pushed to our limit. I don't believe they've ever had a team do as much surgery. All the members worked incredibly hard, each with their own gift. The surgical crew included Dean and Sandra (PC) with anesthesia, Sue T. and Connie M. scrubbing. Kevin (CA) and Keveta circulating, Dr. Morin and Ashley in clinic doing lumps, bumps and misc, Carolyn and Rene (CA) on instruments, John & Karl on handyman crew, Melissa, Sarah & Suzie (CA) in pre and post op, Peggy in pharmacy, Jerry, Linda and Tami in ministry. Dr. Taylor (PC) and Dr. Salas (PC) were on hand to help in many ways as well as the PC nursing staff, anesthesia and scrub techs. I can't thank them all enough. NN

No comments: