Sunday, February 13, 2011

Made it home

I am happy to report that the Atheys and the Tillinghasts have returned to the great state of Nebraska however the totes with the surgical instruments have not. I am sorry that I have not blogged more. The surgical schedule left me exausted and I chose sleep over blogging. We spent last night at the hotel across from the airport in Managua with Karl and Sue. It was great to spend some time relaxing after a very long week. The hotel is nice and the showers were hot. I am still quite tired but I feel our time was well spent and we were able to provide care to a large number of people that otherwise would not have received it. I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers during our time in Nicaragua. The need in this area is just huge.
Dean Athey

1 comment:

John A. Novotny said...

Nila and I want to thank Dean, Carolyn, Karl, Sue and Peter for helping get all the totes back safe and sound. It was a relief to konw that the instrument totes finally made it to the Athey's early Tuesday morning.