Saturday, February 5, 2011

Clinic

It was an incredibly busy day. Melissa finally got here!!! Woo Hoo!!! We put her right to work. We (Dr. Morin and I) saw 200+ patients in the clinic and turned away I don't know how many. We don't have an exact count, but we've amazing nurses and others helping. There were 100 in line at 6:30 am for good reason. Those last in line were too late to get surgery so they are on the waiting list and can come to the hospital to check on Wed or Thursday OR they can take a paper to be first in line next year. There were only a few of the worried well. Clefts, huge thyroids, nasal masses, ear deformities, lots of tonsils for me. I'm not sure what all Dr. Morin saw, but also not many worried well. The food is delicious, the weather hot, but not unbearable and it rained on us on our way home, so could almost be called cool now at 7:30 pm. I used more Spanish than I've ever known and had some good medical students who taught me how to say sneeze, lymph not and hyperthyroid. I'll post some pictures of clinic, etc. NN

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It rained here today also- which means ice tonight. Glad to hear the team is all together and you are ready begin surgeries. My gosh how many patients to see! Well, my prayers are with you, your patients, your hosts and all the people sent away until next year. Thank you for the pictures. God Bless your work.
Julie Graham

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info. You are so needed there. Amazing how many patients are needing help and surgery. Sad to have them come back next year. God Bless you all for what good you are doing for so many people. Melissa so glad you caught up to the team. Have a good week and keep in touch. Your pictures are amazing Nila. Tell the whole team we are praying for their safe return. KMS

Sherry said...

Glad to hear you reached your destination. Love and prayers to you as you work through your mission this week. God speed...