Monday, April 25, 2016

MONDAY

With 4 surgeons and two ORs the operating room time is at a premium so we have a to prioritize. The prescreened patients continue to come in and the schedule is already full. Laci is doing a great job as scheduler.
I got to do a combined case with Ortho of a 16 year old from the truck accident. Dr. Jovin (ENT) came today from PAP and spent the day. I brought her some sinus instruments. Apparently a lot of equipment got stolen from another hospital so they are short and unable to do a lot so she gladly took what I brought her. She scrubbed with me on torn lower eyelid combined case. 
Before picture. 

It was infected and had grass in it. Where is an Ophthalmologist when you need one? 
The end result was pretty good but I'm not so sure about the tear duct. That's where the laceration started. The other surgeons fixed the broken leg. The next pictures are of the OR team. Nancy scrubbed for me. 
From Left - Nancy, Dr. Jovin, me, Dr. Travis, Dr. Allen, Simeon (interpreter, Lisa scrubbing. 
Nancy, Dr J and me. 
Lisa from Omaha.
Laci. 


John worked on the the cautery, shower, water pump, etc etc etc. 
The cautery escapade. 












1 comment:

Mary Beth Anthony said...

Hi! My husband, Dr. Travis, is with you guys in Haiti this week. Thank you for all of the updates. I appreciate being able to read about and see more of what's going on down there while he's gone. Prayers for you all for the rest of the week and for your travels back home.
Mary Beth