Sunday, October 15, 2017

SANTA ROSA

I've been paying more than the usual amount of attention to the wild fires in California, such that I woke up in the night worrying that the fire could come up so fast that John would be trapped, so I had to talk myself down off the ledge for a bit and this morning asked him to be specific about where he is.  Santa Rosa is a big city 175,000 I think.  Anyway, he's been handing out food at the fairgrounds or newspaper building during the day today.

This is a TV interview with a FEMA representative.  I guess they have been around quite a bit today. John said it would be on local and state news there, but didn't know about national.

This is John by a distribution site. 

I guess it's not quite as dangerous as it seemed at 3 AM.  :)

He called tonight about 8 to tell me that (now that I know where he is) they are moving the Red Cross people to somewhere else because there are MORE fires and they need to be moved closer to them.  He didn't have much time to talk so I didn't get details.  I think it's still the Santa Rosa area.  He also directed me to an app Cal Fire that has updates about the progress of the fire fighting, etc. so I'll see if I can make sense of it. 
NN

No comments: