Saturday, February 9, 2013

KENYA - Country Lodge Nairobi

We made it to Nairobi after one short flight to Detroit where we lost one bag, the two LONG flights 7+ hours to Amsterdam and then Nairobi.  We were picked up at the airport with 3 vans and taken to the Country Lodge which is really nice.  I'm feeling guilty I'm not suffering yet, but they say we should take a good long shower here since the showers in Naivasha are not as good.  We'll head there tomorrow, stopping at the elephant orphanage around noon, then go on a hippo boat tour in the afternoon.  Then we promise we will get to work!  We went to the adjoining restaurant for a break before heading to bed.  We're 9 hours ahead of Nebraska so there will be some jet lag involved.  I stayed awake most of the trip (yes, I napped some) so I could sleep tonight since I don't often go to bed for the night at 2 pm!  The pictures below are from the Nairobi airport and the hotel.
Megan and Molly at Nairobi airport

Our Baggage

Dr. Ray Schulte

Caitlin and her mom Dr. Stice

John & Kevin

Diana, Wendy, Dr. Dumitru, Kristi

Jeff & Joan H.


One of the vans to the hotel.

Restaurant near hotel.


The team at the airport.
I see some of the pictures on the last 3 posts are out of order.  I posted them from my cell phone and they didn't send in order.  Operator error!
We had to use our key card 3 times and go through an additional guarded gate to get back into our hotel from the restaurant next door.  I think we are safe!
Nila

2 comments:

Ashley Carstens said...

So glad you made it!!!! Have fun with the elephants and hippos! Take lots of pics:)

p. ivy said...

We are glad you are safely there. Interested in reading your comments altho you know I am medically illiterate.

So proud of Tyson for getting girls' swim coach of the year in the Metro. Will check in a couple days.