Wednesday, May 6, 2015

THE CAMP

I didn't know what to expect at the river camp. This is on the Seti River if you have a map. I am sitting in a wicker chair looking out through tropical trees on to the river. They brought us lemonade when we landed and there is a dipping pool. 
Doug and Harold are in the pool. We just got in with our clothes on. The guys had swimming trunks, but I just wore my hiking pants and t shirt. I figured it would be sort of like doing laundry at the same time. Now I'm sitting out drying. 
This is the tent for John and me. 
Inside the tent. The front and back have zippered nets for doors. 
The bathroom has a Western toilet, hot shower and sink with running water. Delightful. I'm happy any time there is NOT a squat toilet like this below. 
This was one on the trail. Sometimes there was no other choice so you can see how happy I was for the one above. 
These are the workers at our river camp. They are hanging out around the fire pit that we get for happy hour. 
It seems like we must be in the South Pacific on some tropical island. 
My view of the river. 
John lost a button on his shirt. One of the guys bringing tea went and got needle and thread and fixed it right away. 
Ahhhhh! This is the life. I may not go home. I'm not too good at relaxing, but I think I could catch in if I had to. 








No comments: