Wednesday, May 6, 2015

RIVER RAFTING

I have to admit I was apprehensive about the river rafting that we planned for today and tomorrow. I had heard a horror story years ago from a friend of mine and it has never seemed like such a good idea again. I think the guys I'm with were disappointed it wasn't wilder, but we rafted 10 miles or so today on a fairly slow river with a few fun, but not dangerous Rapids. Our rafting guide gave us all instructions about how to paddle, sit, lean, hold on and what to do if you fell out. 
This is the rafting guide. He does this part of the year and then does the same in Japan during the Nepal rainy season. 
Our co-captain took the picture of our raft with Dayton Young, left, me, Captain Harry (?), and John. 
This is the other raft with Doug, Harold and Binoy. 
It was hot and sunny. We had lunch along the river bank. 


No comments: