Thursday, September 6, 2012

SENDING SUPPLIES

Today I packed up 4 boxes of supplies and will send them UPS tomorrow to North Carolina for Dr. Fletcher to take to DR Congo.  Large supplies can be shipped there by cargo ship and will actually get there via Belgium.  I'm not sure how long it will take, but Dr. Fletcher is returning to Congo in October.  We'll still be taking some supplies of our own in February, but this uses up things we've had in storage that we were unable to take before.  It's fortunate that I spoke with him today as he mentioned a need for tracheotomy tubes.  It turns out I have a small stockpile in my office that have accumulated from patients who no longer needed them so was able to find a good home for them.  It also includes some unneeded GYN instruments and laparoscopy equipment that our hospital can't use. NN

No comments: